Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yesterday Scott turned 34. We had a pretty low-key day. Hung out at home. He took Jesse skating in the morning. I went Visiting Teaching in the afternoon. We had Jeff & Lindsey over for Chinese take-out for dinner, and then we got a babysitter and went to the Puddicombe's Christmas Party. There was a great turnout, and we played a fun gift exchange game. Scott came home with one of the gifts we brought (2 really nice flashlights) and I came home with a wooden Christmas Moose and some tree ornaments. We did have birthday cake there too, but it wasn't a particularly special day.

That's okay, Scott made up for it today by going shopping for an amazing (read: crazy expensive) stereo sound system, which he is assembling this very minute.

I spent this morning preparing for our Primary Service Activity, which we had this afternoon at the McCormick Nursing Home. It was a fun celebration of Christmas Card making, singing, and birthday cake (for those having birthdays this month). We all came home with that warm, mushy feeling you get when you do something completely unselfish to uplift another. We had 17 children there, and I think they all had a good time. I know our kids really enjoyed it.

Hockey Night in Canada, a tradition for Saturday nights. All three boys fell asleep watching the third period on our bed. So cute. All cozy with their blankies. Love it!

I ran to Loblaws with Samantha to get a "couple things" for tomorrow and we ended up there for almost an hour looking at cute stuff. It's fun to have a girl to shop with. She came home and finished writing her Primary talk for tomorrow. Now I need to tidy up so I can go to bed at a semi-decent hour (hopefully before midnight).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)