Scott had a little "procedure" done yesterday, for lack of a better word. He's been having this swallowing problem for several years now, but the doctors have just given him drugs for it because they really didn't know the cause. Every time he said it was still bothering him he'd get a new prescription. Finally, he went back to the specialist and he said that he'd do another scope (which involves putting him under) and also stretch out the esophagus. So he went in for that on Thursday morning.
I went to pick him up a few hours later and he was totally walking around. Seriously, they just sent him on his way, and I found him at the front door of the hospital all alone. He was pretty out of it, and had to come home and sleep for a few hours. He has been eating fine so far. I'm really hoping this will help with the swallowing. I'm sure we'll be able to tell in few more days.
Today we are having a bad winter storm. So bad that the schools were actually closed (and that almost never happens in the city).
Here are 5 reasons why I'm not loving the snow day:
1. It was my last day to get STUFF DONE before Christmas while the 3 kids were at school
2. Samantha is getting a new teacher in January, and it was her last day with Mme L.F. (and she had a substitute yesterday, so she was sad about that)
3. Brett had a class party and was all ready with his game to bring in
4. Jesse also had a class party and had his veggie platter all ready to go
5. Did I mention it's hard to get lots of things accomplished with 5 kids at home all day?
Here are 5 reasons why I'm loving the snow day:
1. We can eat the veggie platter tonight with leftover chicken (no cooking dinner)
2. I went out last night and stocked up on everything we could possibly need so we wouldn't have to leave the house at all for a few days
3. We get to start Christmas holidays a day early!
4. Samantha (and sometimes the boys) help by playing with Nathan when I'm busy
5. Scott ventured out in the storm to take the kids skating this morning and they practically had the whole rink to themselves
Now off to fold some laundry and clean while both babies are napping. I'm hoping for at least another hour... is that too much to ask?