Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last night as I was going to bed at 12:45, I noticed that Nathan was awake in his crib. I thought he must have lost his soother, so I went in to tuck him back down, when I noticed his body was burning hot. I took him downstairs to the kitchen and he started asking for water over and over. He had a temperature of 102.2, so I gave him some Advil and put him to sleep in our room so we could keep our eye on him a little more through the night.

He was a little better today, but still had a fever and did didn't eat much.

Jesse woke up sick with a fever as well, and spent the day on the couch and in bed. He took a nap, too. He said his mouth hurt, and all he ate all day was some chicken soup and an orange.

Hopefully they'll be better tomorrow so we don't have to cancel our Christmas Eve plans, and so that they're not sick on Christmas!

As for the rest of the family... Scott took Oscar to the doctor to check how his wound was healing. Everything looks great!

Samantha had her friends Tijana and Anastasia (sisters) over to play. Really nice girls and I think they had fun together.

I came down this morning to find Brett had taken all the presents out from under the tree and sorted them into piles according to who they're for. Scott and I just shook our heads and laughed because this is such a typical Brett thing to do!

Our home teachers came by tonight, and after they left I ventured out with Clara in the terribly stormy winter weather to get a couple of groceries. It was quite busy at the store, the roads were treacherous, and we ended up getting home just before 11:00 PM. I watched an episode of House while making some treats for tomorrow night. Just one less thing to do tomorrow. Speaking of which...

Here's my To Do List for Christmas Eve Day:

Package the rest of the treats for our friends
Make the sweet potatoes and butter tarts for Christmas dinner
Wrap Pat & Bills gift
Make meatballs and a huge bowl of icing for our Christmas Eve party
Tidy the house
Catch up on some laundry
Do a quick vacuum and spot mop on the main floor
Clean the bathrooms
Get everyone ready to go so we can get loaded up by 3:30 PM
If we have time, make some cookies for Santa... if not I have a bag of Oreos hiding downstairs as a backup plan

I guess it's technically Christmas Eve Day already. I really need to stop staying up so late. It is nice to sleep in a bit during the Holidays though. Today I didn't get up until 8:15 (other than to feed Clara around 6:00, but she went back to sleep right away).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)