Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for Samantha & Brett. Looking back, I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It seems like just yesterday I was fretting over how Brett would do with his first school experience (I was worried over nothing - he did awesome and loved every minute). I was concerned for Samantha too - as she was going into grade 1 and starting full time school for the first time. She has had a great year too. Her French is very impressive and it is amazing how good her accent is too. When I try to reply to her "en francais" she is always correcting my brutal pronunciation!

I'm looking forward to having Samantha and Brett home for the summer. We have lots of fun activities to do that we've been planning for a while. It's going to be busy - it will be the first time for me to have 4 kids home full-time. But they're excited about it and so am I. The older ones are good helpers (most of the time...) Bring it on!

This afternoon, just as I was picking up the kids from school, we had this crazy thunderstorm. It started pouring rain and then actually hailed for about 10-15 minutes! The hail was HUGE! We were in the van and it sounded like big rocks hitting the doors, roof, and windows. Then it all ended, just like that. I hope it's nice tomorrow as we've planned a picnic and trip to one of the splash pads in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)