Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Canada!


It's so nice to have a long weekend once in a while. I know Scott really looks forward to an extra day off these days. We went to Brett & Jesse's soccer game this morning, then stopped by Scott's office on the way home. It was my first time actually seeing the inside of his office building. It was empty, so we got to explore the whole place without disturbing anybody. It was fun for our kids to go see where Scott goes to work every day, now that he's not working from home anymore. Scott went golfing this afternoon and I took the kids for a walk down to the movie store to rent some Scooby-doo DVDs. We're hoping to get together with Scott's family tomorrow and Monday.

We don't really have any traditions for the July long weekend. We have done fireworks in the past, which is always fun for the kids. They've been keeping track of how many Canada flags they've counted today, and get excited when they see people "decorate" for the holiday.

My most memorable Canada Day was probably 5 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant with Brett and 3 days over due...! It was a hot summer and I remember the bottle of castor oil was looking pretty tempting at that point. I've learned now that babies eventually come when they're good and ready, and that maybe a lesson in patience was just an early introduction to motherhood.

I hope you all have a happy, fun, and safe long weekend and that you enjoy whatever it is you're doing! Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)