While I can't say we're glad to be home from vacation, I think it is safe to say we're glad to be out of the van.
Some hi-lights from the trip:
- Stocking up on Cinnamon Goldfish before leaving the US. Those things are so good! And addictive.
- Finding a great hotel to stay at (with a pool!), despite the weddings, conventions, and soccer tournaments that were going on in the entire area where we needed to stop last night. Scott gets all the credit.
- Stopping at a Game Store to buy two new DS games for the kids that bought us approximately 11 hours of peace on the drive home. Another one of Scott's good ideas.
- Listening to Clara pretend to talk to Grandma on the phone in her carseat.
- Nathan falling asleep less than 15 seconds after laying his tired head down on the pillow last night.
- Starting a new John Grisham novel which really helped the time in the car to fly by.
- Clara answering all of the border guards questions. She just can't comprehend any situation where she isn't the centre of attention.
- Coming home and seeing that the snow had melted and the kids on our street were out playing hockey in their t-shirts. I think Spring may finally be here!
Some not-so-fun parts of the trip:
- Clara throwing up in Arby's in front of a group of 6 couples enjoying a lovely weekend brunch together. They were very nice about it. Clara seemed to be feeling fine within minutes, so I'm pretty sure it was car sickness.
I also want to mention that the restaurant had carpet in the entire eating area. Seriously, I felt horrible about Clara getting sick in there, but carpet? Really??
- When a beautiful, dark grey cat jumped over the median and ran in front of our van. Scott did a good job of keeping us in the lane after the impact, considering there was a bit of traffic around us. But it was heart-breaking for everyone, especially Scott.
More Florida pictures to follow... But now I'm off to read some more Grisham before I fall asleep.