Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update: More Sickness

Clara was up most of the night last night - coughing and stuffed up. She just wouldn't settle and fall asleep. I held her and rocked her from about 12:45 AM - 3:30 AM. She would doze off for no more than a couple of minutes before she would cough and wake up and cry again. I finally gave up and brought her into bed with me.

She was still crying quite a bit, and I ended up holding her in bed (and dozing off in-between coughing fits) until 6:30 AM.

That's when I decided to put her back in her cradle (crying or not) so I could sleep for 30 minutes before waking up the kids to get ready for school.

Scott had spent the night in the family room with Jesse as he was still sick and in a lot of pain from his molars and fever. I think they got a little more sleep than previous nights, though. He did come up and offer to take a shift with Clara, but I told him to go back and stay with Jesse.

As Scott left to take the kids to the bus, he sent me back to bed. Then he came back kept an eye on Jesse and Nathan while trying to get a little work done in the office. Luckily, by that time Clara was exhausted we both slept for almost 3 (glorious) hours.

I called the doctor to see if we could get Jesse in today, and Scott was able to take him in this afternoon. He had a terrible ear infection on his right side, and she prescribed Biaxin for 10 days. (Jesse is allergic to penicillin).

Hopefully this will help him to finally get some rest and relief.

On a happier note, a couple of friends and I are busy planning a surprise shower for Tasha, who is expecting a baby girl in a few weeks. The girls came over yesterday to discuss themes, decorations, food, and favours. So fun!

1 comment:

  1. I just read the last few posts since the one about LASIK surgery - your life is crazy! It's so fun to read about what you're doing and the funny things your kids say and do. I can't believe the story about Jesse going to the bus stop all by himself! Haha! I laughed when I read your comment about Samantha going to bed before 8:30pm - she's definitely a night owl! And poor Clara with her eye crusted shut and everyone throwing up and feeling sick. It sounds like things are starting to calm down, which is good. I don't know how you do it. You're amazing! Whenever I tell anyone about you I tell them you're a Super-Mom. And I love reading your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)