Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update: March Break

March break is in full swing around here. The kids have been staying up a little later, sleeping in, eating pancakes at 10:30 in their pj's, and hopefully having a nice break from school.

The weather's been beautiful so far, so we've been able to visit a couple of parks and spend some time playing outside, riding bikes, and walking to the nearby school playground.

I don't know what happened with me, but I feel like I was totally unprepared for this week. I guess I was trying to be laid back about it and just do whatever we feel like doing instead of planning activities to fill up the days. I pictured spontaneous trips to the children's museum, parks (weather permitting), libraries, and having more time to do fun stuff at home.

Instead it's been a little chaotic, as I'm finding it difficult to juggle fun activities for the older kids around a toddler and baby's schedule. It seems like we change plans so many times in a day that neither myself or the kids knows what's happening next.

Tonight was fun though. Scott took Samantha out to the movies for a daddy-daughter date while I took the boys and Clara to the Jesse Davidson Park. It's great to have some one-on-one time and the kids alway look forward to their "Daddy" dates.

On an unrelated note, I've also been dealing with some crazy mood swings this week. One minute I'm so happy I'm getting teary-eyed over the littlest things, and the next minute I'm feeling irritable and grumpy and can't think of anything I want more than to crawl back into bed for a while. Hopefully this will pass before my poor family gets completely fed up with me (if they aren't already).

Tomorrow afternoon I'm getting together to make shower favours and decorations. Brett has a play day with a friend from his piano class. Jesse's going to the dentist. Our home teachers are coming over. I'm going out with a friend for dessert to celebrate her birthday. And Scott has a playoff hockey game later at night.

Oh, and Clara turns six months old.

(Maybe that has something to do with the mood swings...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)