Sunday, July 22, 2007

Potato Salad Recipe

My friend Tasha asked me to post this recipe. I sort of made this up on the spot and it turned out really good. I got the idea of roasting the potatoes from Barefoot Contessa - I LOVE her recipes and cooking style in general.

You will probably have to adjust the amounts here - I made this to feed 3 families (about 6 adults and 10 children) and we had a bit left over, but not much. If I was making it for just our family, I would have used about 1/3 of this amount.

Roasted Potato Salad

5 lbs mini new white potatoes - I get these at Costco and they're great because they're small and you don't have to peel them. Just a quick wash and they're ready to go. Cut them into large bite-size pieces.

Put potatoes on a pan or baking sheet. Drizzle generously with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss together (I use my hands). Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through (tender). This is the secret to great flavour in the salad - the roasting of the potatoes.

Let the potatoes cool for a while after taking them out of the oven.

Next, mix the potatoes with the following:

mayonnaise (I used about a cup or so - just enough to coat)
crumbled cooked bacon (I used Real Bacon - pre-cooked and comes in a bag)
chopped green onion (about 4-5 onions)
more salt and pepper (to taste)

Let the salad chill in the fridge until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

If anyone actually tries this recipe - please post a comment and let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)