Monday, October 29, 2007

Samantha's Note

Tonight after I put Samantha to bed, I went down to check my email and left Nathan playing on the TV room floor with some toys. When I came up a few minutes later, I found a note taped to his back.


In case you can't see it in the picture, the note reads:

To Mom
I have a rilleye bad hed-ake. Plese come up.
SH.

This made me laugh, as it was just so typical Samantha behaviour. Not only does she love to write and leave notes for people, but she is always coming up with ways to avoid and/or delay going to bed, and also ways to get "checked on" by someone once she is in bed. All it took was a hug & kiss, and the mysterious headache was cured. Imagine that!

Earlier this evening, when she was brushing her teeth, she was examining the gaps in her smile where new teeth are starting to grow in. She pointed to one of the gaps and said, "This used to be my sweet tooth, before I lost it.... Don't worry, it will grow back soon."

When Samantha is happy, she is truly a joy to be around. (When she's grumpy, well... look out). These days she seems to be mostly happy, and I am very grateful for that.

2 comments:

  1. I love that note, poor Nathan, getting notes taped to his back! That picture of Samantha is so cute, she looks so grown up! Hope you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! And very Samantha! LOL I always get suckered into checking on her a million times and getting her drinks when I'm there. Samantha looks so pretty and grown up! Hugs and kisses to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)