Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Treats

I made these Halloween Treat Bags for the kids to give to their teachers tomorrow. They are filled with chocolate chip cookies that were baked in mini muffin tins and decorated with Halloween sprinkles. I used Alton Brown's Recipe, "The Chewy". We have made them a few times now and they really are chewy and so good!

The pumpkin suckers are treats for Samantha's classmates. Brett's class takes turns bringing things in (and he's off the hook until February), and Jesse didn't need treats either, so we only did 20. Samantha helped and I think it took us about 5 minutes to do it together. I can't justify spending more time than that on something that will be sitting in the bottom of a trash can in less than 24 hours.

All the kids are wearing orange and black to school tomorrow - that seems to be the new "thing" for Halloween at school these days. When I was little we always wore costumes to school on Halloween, but I have to say that as a Mom, I'm quite happy to send the kids off in black and orange clothes instead. I will try to remember to take pictures before school, but since that's typically the most hectic time of day around here, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a super-mom! I don't know how you get half the things done you do. I'll have to hire you when I have kids to make cute things like that! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)