Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mom Time with Brett

This morning while Samantha and Jesse were at school and Nathan was napping, Brett asked if I would do perler beads with him at the kitchen table. While we were making a patchwork quilt pattern, Brett said, "Oh, I get it Mom. You really do love your kids".

This just confirmed something I already knew but often forget - that the one thing children want most from their parents is time.

During lunch I noticed that a plate of brownies my friend had dropped off earlier was looking a little empty. Scott admitted to having a couple, and I asked Brett if he had eaten brownies too.

He replied, "No, I just had brownie one".

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laughs. I am glad you are recording these vignettes from your family life, for you and for us. And I agree with Brett you really do love your children. How wonderful for you and them. I love all of you, too. (or one!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)