Saturday, June 9, 2012

JD's Theory Exam

JD wrote the Preliminary Rudiments Royal Conservatory Exam for Music Theory last month.

He studied really hard for this exam.  The morning of the exam he was so nervous!  

He was the first one into the exam room and I watched him through the window in the door while the rest of the 75 or so students were admitted into the exam room. He was super anxious.  

When he came out after it was over, I asked him if there was anything he didn't know and he said, "I didn't know one of the vocabulary words because it was in cursive and I can't read cursive very well yet."  

That made me laugh because it's such a typical JD thing to say, and also made me think about how young he is and what a huge accomplishment this was.  

Here he is celebrating afterwards with a Tim Horton's egg sandwich and a donut.  

I couldn't be prouder!



3 comments:

  1. Seriously, your kids are all amazing! Good job Jesse! (I still can't get used to calling him JD). What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!!! At a boy JD!!! You know it was pretty much written in stone that your children would be exceptional with you as their mama!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)