Friday, January 9, 2009

Update: Nathan' Soother

We had Pat & Bill here for dinner tonight, along with Jeff, Lindsey & Tyler. Lots of yummy food - it was a joint effort and turned out wonderfully - and it was really fun to visit and see everyone and hang out together talking and playing games.

Pat & Bill fly to California tomorrow to vacation at Disneyland with the Stewarts for a week! Scott's driving them to Toronto early tomorrow morning.

Nathan did the cutest thing last night. He was upstairs with Scott and I before bed (in our room) and Scott took his soother and put it in his own mouth for a tease. Nathan was trying to think of how to get it back without asking for it. He decided to start offering Scott things in return for his soother. It went something like this...

Nathan: Walk?

Scott shakes his head no.

Nathan: Book?

Scott shakes his head no.

Nathan: Cereal?

Scott shakes his head no.

Nathan was then stumped as to what else he could possibly offer. By this time we were so gaga over how cute this was that I think Scott just gave it to him, but I can't really remember.

I love watching his personality come out a little more every day. He is definitely a peace maker, and loves his siblings so much. He's always saying sweet and thoughtful things like "Whoops... sorry!" and "You okay?" He loves it when everyone is happy and laughing and always joins in on the laughter even if he doesn't "get it". He is very sensitive and perceptive to the general mood and atmosphere around him. He is truly a special boy.

I cannot believe he only has one more day to be ONE! I can't think about it too hard without getting emotional, so I'm just ignoring it for now.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Nathan is 2! I remember when Jesse was a baby in Florida... Times goes by so fast... This is such a cute story! I can't wait to see pictures of Nathan's birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)