Monday, December 17, 2007

Snowed In

We've had a big snow storm here that has blessed us with somewhere around 30 cm of snow in the past 24 hours, and it's still coming down.

We enjoyed a fun family day of relaxing, wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies, eating lots of clementines and chocolate, and listening to Christmas music. It was wonderful!

Although I admit the snow is beautiful... the truth is I really enjoy it the most when I'm looking out my window, snuggled under a warm blanket by the Christmas tree with my slippers and hot chocolate. I'm definitely a wimp when it comes to getting bundled up to shovel it, scrape it off my van, or (heaven forbid) drive in the stuff. I think Scott and I are destined to be snowbirds, because as soon as the cold settles in we both start dreaming of Florida and Dubai.

The kids, bless their hearts, are thrilled with the snow and can't wait to get outside for snow angels, sledding, snowball fights, and snowmen, and I remember feeling the same way as a kid.

Speaking of Christmas Music, my dear friend, Meaghan, recorded a Christmas CD with two other female artists, to raise money for the Maritimes Food Bank. You can read about the details here, and you can even listen to samples from the CD and read a message from the artists. Scott and I just got our copy last weekend and we LOVE it! We have been listening to it nonstop for the past few days.

I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas preparations and finding fun ways to spend time with family and loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! :)