Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grandparents

It was wonderful staying at my Grandparents' house this summer.

Back when I was growing up, they lived on a farm. I always enjoyed helping my Grandpa with the farm chores, like changing sprinkler pipe and feeding the chickens. We spent endless hours playing in the coulees with the cows grazing in the pastures nearby.

Then there was Grandma's baking. My favourite treats were her famous Butterhorns. The best way I can describe these are big soft rolls with this really thin layer of icing. Sometimes they had nuts on top. To die for.

I remember Grandma loved to watch Murder She Wrote, and Matlock. She was always baking, cleaning, quilting, sewing, doing word puzzles, or something else while watching TV. I used to think it was so cool that she had a television in her kitchen and she would let us watch Wheel of Fortune while we helped set the table and get dinner ready.

It makes me so happy to see my children spending time with their great-grandparents and making memories of their own.






1 comment:

  1. Oh Cassandra I remember getting to stay with them once...do you remember? I absolutely fell in love with them. You're so lucky to have your grandparents still alive for your children to know and make memories with!!! So awesome!!! I swear they look the exact same as they did over 10 years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! :)