This is the time of year when I look at the upcoming schedule and wonder if we will survive the next few weeks of complete insanity that is our Play On! life.
But somehow we always do.
Before it gets too hectic, I want to share a few random things that are happening right now.
If you don't hear from me again until July you will know why.
1. We had a wonderful family getaway last weekend. I know I said we were going to the cottage, but we changed our plans. About 5 times.
And when we finally rolled out of the driveway at 5 something PM on Friday night, only 7 hours later than we were hoping to get away, I still wasn't sure exactly where we headed.
But I packed bathing suits because I knew there was going to be some kind of lake or pool or water slide involved.
Scott found us two great hotels to stay in and we had an awesome time getting away from work and school and the business of life. Not that chasing five kids around a water park isn't busy too, but it was a good change of scenery.
2. My Mom is moving out of her apartment tomorrow and will be moving in with us for a couple of months until we move out when our new house is done.
She is going to watch our kids when we are both working or traveling to events, which is going to be such a blessing! She is amazing.
3. Samantha was home sick from school today. With a fever and upset stomach. She just fell asleep on the couch watching me blog. Apparently it's pretty boring.
4. Our washing machine is acting up. It works on ONE setting and only ONE setting and if you take it off that setting it will run water into the drain non-stop until you take it off.
Consequently, I can only wash teeny tiny loads right now, which means that I literally have to wash five loads a day to get by. Not catch up. Just to get by, which means to give everyone a clean pair of underwear daily and socks too if we're lucky.
5. Nathan made a "dinosaur party" for his friend who was coming over to play last week.
He loves his dinosaurs. It's probably his favourite toy right now, second only to playing Lego with Brett.
6. Tomorrow I am going to donate blood. I'm pretty much a regular donor at the blood clinics and have been for years. I have a rare blood type so it's always in high demand.
I'm also a card-carrying organ donor and hope that my heart, lungs, liver, or kidneys will help save a life when I'm dead and gone.
I worked at the Multi-organ transplant unit for a semester in high school and was heartbroken to watch people die while waiting for organ transplants.
7. Clara loves to chatter. Nobody understands her but she thinks we do. She loves the sound of her own voice.
She also loves to wear dish towels. She grabs them off the oven handle and drapes them around her shoulders and no matter how many times we hang them back up she steals them again.